Thursday, February 23, 2012

Oscar Party Wine Charms

This Sunday is my annual Oscar party.

This year, I wanted to update the decorations.  I’ve been using the same cheap decorations for the past couple years and I thought I would give this year’s party a craftier feel.


First up, some Oscar party wine charms.

This is the second time I’ve made wine charms like this, and I love the way they turn out.

I start with some inexpensive jewelry parts.  Bought at 50% off at Hobby Lobby, they only cost me $1.97!
Trace the jewelry plate onto the paper of your choice and cut out.
Mod Podge the paper to the jewelry plate and allow to dry. 

Follow that with another coat of Mod Podge.

Next, apply a thick coat of Inkssentials Glossy Accents Epoxy.
I love this stuff!

I placed a scrapbook embellishment right onto the wet epoxy.


The epoxy will take a while to dry.  These dried overnight, and a couple of them aren’t quite dry yet.

 Finally, insert the ear wire into the jewelry plate and around the stem of your glass.

I'm thinking this will help make sure the pregnant ladies don't get their drink mixed up with the
"fun" drinks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment