Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Flower Frames

I’ve had a project on my to-do list for a while, and I finally got to over the weekend.

I found the idea on pinterest. (Where else…)  But I couldn’t find the where the picture originally came from.


I dug theses 3 matching picture frames out of a pile at our local Red Tag Thrift store.  They were only $0.79 each!
I want to refinish the frames, but that will have to wait until after the baby comes.  I did give them a good cleaning with some white vinegar and water.

I found these vases at Michael’s for just $0.99 each!
I took some 18 gauge wire and wrapped it around the top of the vase.




Then, I stapled the wire to the frame on either side. 
Make sure they line up before you staple them…I learned that the hard way and had to redo the second one because the vase hung a lot lower than the first one.  Oops!
I twisted the ends of the wire into a simple knot, just for a little added security.
Finally, I added some flowers that I had on hand.
My plan is to swap out the flowers with the seasons.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my Gosh!! These are so cute! I love them! They would look great in my entry way! Thanks so much for linking up at Fantabulous Friday!!

    Katie @ Little Becky Homecky

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea. Love it! Never thought of doing that with simple frames and bottles. Seen you over at French Country Cottage.

    ReplyDelete