Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Grandma's Garden Signs


This weekend my sister and I gave my mom her birthday gift.
We gave her some garden signs.
We wandered the isles of Hobby Lobby looking for inspiration. (Always one of my favorite parts of starting a project.)
We settled on some unfinished wood blocks.

Hubby went to Home Depot to buy the wood for the stakes and hardware. (There is no way that Grandma’s Garden sign will blow away!)

After we painted the wood blocks with some acrylic paint, we printed the words on some Grafix Rub-onz Film. (I still need to buy a new blade for my Silhouette.)

Hubby and my sister sprayed them down with several coats of Krylon Polyurethane Satin Finish.

12 comments:

  1. I love the colors you used! The vines are a really nice touch and I love how you outlined the main sign with the other colors. Thanks for sharing, stopping by from Homework

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just too cute! Your garden will look amazing with your new signs. Love the colors~so bright and cheery. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I totally love these! I'm your newest follower and think your blog is SUPER CUTE! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so adorable! I'd love to see them posted in your outdoor space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are adorable!! She is going to love them! Thanks so much for linking it up to Fantabulous Friday @ Little Becky Homecky!

    Katie @ Little Becky Homecky

    ReplyDelete
  6. love them and just the other day saw these used for a wedding to guide the readers love it come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These garden signs are so cute! Just shared on our FB page!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the signs!

    Thanks so much for linking up to my Tuesday party at Jillify It! Hope to see you again on Tuesday!

    Jill
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These turned out so cute!! Thanks so much for sharing at Shine on Fridays. Hope you'll be back again this weekend with another great project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh those are too cute! We have a garden and I never thought of making adorable signs like that!

    Thanks for joining my link up this week :)
    Maegan

    ReplyDelete
  11. What type of stakes did he buy, what dept? Size" Did you use stencils for making your letters on your signs? Love the one about Grandma's garden or something on that order..What size or type brush would one use to paint the lettering on the signs?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it too.vWhat type of stakes did he buy, what dept? Size" Did you use stencils for making your letters on your signs? Love the one about Grandma's garden or something on that order.

    Please let me know. Thanks

    ReplyDelete