Monday, August 20, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things


I’m back!  I hope I didn’t lose anyone, but I’ve been busy working on the greatest thing I’ve ever made.
I call her Little Miss.
She took nine months to complete and is worth every sleepless night and swollen finger.

When I started this blog, I made the decision to keep my family life private.  So I won’t be using her name or putting her face on my blog. 

While I was prego, I realized that the baby market is crazy!  They have a gizmo or product for about every situation.  Some of these products probably aren’t worth the extra money.  But here are a few items that, over the past few weeks, I have decided are worth every penny. 

Munchkin Disposable Changing Pads

 These little bad boys have saved my cute changing table cover about a million times, not to mention they make great covers for those nasty public changing tables and the quick diaper change on someone’s living room floor.  They are a little large, so I cut them in half, giving me twice as many in each pack.

Bright Starts Lots of Links

Using these links, I have been able to transform anything into a hanging toy.  Little Miss is automatically happy when she sees something interesting hanging over her head.  Obviously, you don’t want to hang anything dangerous over a baby’s head, but seeing her favorite toy has kept her happy on multiple shopping trips.


Bright Starts Comfort and Harmony Portable Swing

Little Miss loves relaxing in her swing.  I’ve even finagled ours, with the above links, to hang some bright colored toys.  These toys keep her occupied for minutes! (This is like hours in newborn talk).

I’ve been working on several projects over the past few weeks; hopefully, I will be able to go back to posting on a fairly regular basis.  But if there is one thing I have learned, newborns do not know the meaning of sticking to a schedule.  So bare with me as I start this new chapter in the life of Crafty Kate.


Linky Party!
The Gunny Sack
Skip to my Lou
The Blackberry Vine

3 comments:

  1. My baby loves rings as well!! She likes to beat two of them together haha So glad I found your blog!I can see I'm going to be spending a lot of time here :)

    Candice
    candicecraves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful baby! Thanks so much for sharing at the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Kate! How exciting! We need to catch up!

    XO

    ReplyDelete