Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Baptism Luncheon Food Table

Thank you to everyone who is visiting from Pinterest!  I haven't posted to Crafty Kate in quite a while.  Please visit me over at https://twitchetts.blogspot.com


I was so excited to do a fun food table for Little Miss’s baptism.  It was the first time I could do something “girlie”.  Of course I spent a month cruising Pinterest for ideas.  I must admit, I love the way it turned out!

I knew that planning a luncheon with a newborn would be challenging, so I kept the food simple.  Build your own sandwiches with potato salad, pasta salad, and melons.


I got a little fancier with the drinks.  (Or at least I made them look fancier)  They were just strawberry Kool-Aide with kiwi slices and lemonade with strawberries slices.  Both tasted delicious.
I found a couple of easy and yummy dessert recipes on pinterest.  The cookies are from Cherished Bliss and the cupcakes are from Polish the Stars.
Both desserts were huge hits! 
A special shout out to my sister-in-law who whipped up a delicious frosting, completely last minute!
The vases were empty Frappuccino bottles and a mason jar filled with flowers from Dollar Tree. 
The streamer was a fun project that I’ll post more about later this week.
The cupcake stand was a project that I whipped up.  It was super easy, but I'll share more on that later this week too.
The whole table came together really well.
Why can't sandwhich condiments be prettier colors?!? 
But I must admit, since I’m a procrastinator, I had lots of help getting everything set up.  And it was all done with a house full of hungry family.  So I have to thank everyone that helped.
It was a fun luncheon to celebrate such an important day in Little Miss’s young life!

8 comments:

  1. So glad they turned out good for you! Your table is beautiful! I'm sharing on my facebook wall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job Kate! Everything looks so pretty & fabulous! You should be so proud of the beautiful celebration you created for your daughter! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks just lovely. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful party! I found you through the All Star Block Party. :) Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that I'm following you! Your table spread was GORGEOUS, great job. Thanks for posting on the All-Star Block Party!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally LOVING this!!!!!! I must show my sister, her son is being baptised on Sunday!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice luncheon table décor
    the flowers look so real
    God bless your baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Your table looked gorgeous! Can I ask you where you bought all the white serving trays and bowls? They look beautiful and I would love to do something similar for my son's baptism coming up soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete